It’s Almost A/C Season: Is Your System Ready?
As we finally begin the transition from winter into spring, it’s time to check our seasonal to-do list. That’s right, it’s time for homeowners to begin prepping for air-conditioning season.
The best place to start is by evaluating your current air-conditioning equipment. It’s always a good idea to get a maintenance appointment on the books before the busy seasons begin. This is especially important if you haven’t used your system for a long period of time. Your A/C may need to get back into shape before it can operate efficiently.
Our sixteen-point inspections provide a comprehensive picture of system functioning and allow our technicians to address any major functionality issues, before they become costly repairs.
When our technicians perform an inspection, they will address the following:
- Inspect homeowner supplied furnace or air handler filter
- Inspect airflow restrictions at furnace or air handler
- Clean indoor blower of debris and inspect for proper operation
- Examine duct work for proper sizing and static pressure
- Visually inspect evaporator coil for cleanliness
- Check wet bulb and dry bulb temps for relative humidity levels
- Inspect all electrical connections (high and low voltage)
- Check relays and contactors for pitting and failing functions
- Lubricate all moving parts
- Check suction pressure, head pressure, superheat, and sub cooling
- Check all amp draws on motor and compressor
- Perform acid test on refrigerant to eliminate contaminants
- Adjust refrigerant as necessary for proper operation
- Clean out door condenser
Scheduling a regular maintenance check for your air-conditioning system in the spring and your heating system in the fall will extend the life of your HVAC system.
For questions regarding maintenance or to schedule an inspection, please give us a call at 866-830-5444.